Our favourite country fabrics for winter
Posted on: 3rd Oct, 2016
With the evenings getting darker and the day temperatures beginning to drop, it’s time to start thinking about your winter wardrobe. At Acorn Fabrics, we’ve got a fantastic range of shirting that’s ideal for the season – made from fabric bound to keep you warm. Our country fabrics and country checks range is made from brushed cotton and wool blends. While practical, the designs and colours of our winter fabrics are on trend too – ensuring you look stylish AND stay warm.
Brushed cotton, used in the majority of our winter shirting fabrics, is a cotton fabric that’s been brushed to remove the lint and fibres. This makes the shirting soft to touch and comfortable to wear. Of course, it’s also very good at keeping you warm too! Wool holds heat in well too – trapping air and keeping you insulated. Even a thin wool jumper or shirt can add a lot of warmth – especially if you’ve moving about.
Country fabrics: Which one will you choose?
Our Country Living collection is ideal for winter. With its range of brushed cotton and wool blended shirts you’re guaranteed to stay warm, while a country check design will keep you looking stylish too.
For the workplace, you may want to stick to our block colour designs. Our Fife Plain Azure Fabric and Fife Plain White Fabric are great options and two of the most popular in the range. Of course, a quality dark fabric wouldn’t go amiss either, which is why we also recommend our Sterling Plain Navy Solid Fabric, which is brushed on both sides.
Our country check collection offers a fantastic range of designs – our favourites being the Fife 25 Green Check Fabric and Fife 25 Blue Check Fabric. Our checked shirting is made from 100% brushed cotton too, ensuring warmth throughout the winter months.
If you’re looking for warm checked shirting best suited to a smart-casual dress code, we suggest our smaller check pattern fabrics. The Fife 50 Blue Check Fabric and Fife 50 Burgundy Check Fabric are great options.
How to wear your country shirt
Not sure what to pair your country shirt with? Shirts are one of the easiest styles of clothing to wear and look great with all those winter layers.
Here are some of our favourite ways to wear our country fabrics:
- Team your checked shirting with a tweed jacket for the ultimate in country style.
- If subtle pattern is more your style, pair your country fabric with a V-neck knit in a complementary colour to your shirt.
- Younger wearers of our country fabrics may like to switch things up – wearing their country shirt on top of a white tee. Pairing your winter-ready checked fabric with a thermal white tee will ensure you stay warm during the coldest months.
- For outdoor pursuits, why not team your brushed cotton shirting with a padded gilet?
- Don’t forget to accessorise too! All of our country fabrics look great with wool-knit chunky scarfs and beanie or bobble hats.
For a wider range of check fabrics, shop our all-season check range.
Which of our Country Living fabrics are on your shopping list for winter? Let us know over on Twitter @AcornFabrics.